Dear men: You don't want to read this post. It's for the ladies. xoxo
Being just 3 months out from having a baby, putting on a swimsuit is not the first thing on my mind. But, summertime means hanging out at my sister's pool, and we've got a family trip down to the Guadalupe River coming up. So, it's a necessary evil. I'm only a few pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, so I knew trying on my old suits wouldn't be a horrible ordeal, just a little more fluffiness around the waistline than I'm used to seeing. Little did I know my issue would not be the bikini bottoms fitting! I tried on every single bikini top I own, and they are all now totally inappropriate for wearing in public. (Unless I'm going for the porn star look, then they are perfect). This new problem just blows my mind considering what my body used to look like pre-baby. I went to Target and Old Navy recently to try and find a new, inexpensive bathing suit, and I walked away empty-handed. Let me just tell you that it's pretty disheartening when you try on the largest size they offer, and you still feel really uncomfortable. Where do big girls buy their suits?!? I posed this question on facebook recently, and my well-endowed girlfriends came to my rescue! Here are some responses I got, along with a few others I stumbled across, in case any of my readers are also struggling to find family-friendly swimwear while nursing:
1. Limericki - lots of cute tankini tops available to give you more coverage
2. Academy or Dick's Sporting Goods - more conservative, athletic options
3. Hapari - lots of full coverage tops available in multiple styles
4. JCrew - free shipping and returns on swim styles, so you can try a bunch risk-free
5. Athleta - sports-bra looking styles that probably provide good coverage
6. Swimwear for me - cute, classy styles
7. Lands End - got some good full-coverage tops, but beware, lots of floral prints!
And then, if you're looking for help with coverage not just on the top, here are some suggestions:
8. ModCloth - some pretty adorable, retro looks
9. Miracle Suit - supposed to make you look ten pounds lighter
10. Always for Me - specializes in plus sizes
I haven't decided where I'm going to order from yet, but I'll post a review once I do!