Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Slight Improvement

Slowly and surely I'm upgrading things in our house.  In the three years that we've lived here, we've added hand-scraped hardwood to three additional rooms, installed a stainless steel cooktop, replaced light fixtures, replaced our fence, added landscape lighting, closed in the office with french doors, replaced all the doorknobs, replaced a faucet, replaced toilet paper and towel bars, and now replaced the dishwasher.  Yay!  This last item has been on my list for a while, so I'm glad we finally pulled the trigger.  As you can see, the new one is just a slight improvement over the old one...

 
And by slight improvement, I mean MAJOR improvement!  The new one looks so svelte.  We opted for a stainless steel Bosch with the controls hidden in the top for a more streamlined and sleek look on the front.  Next on my list for the kitchen is adding hardware to all the cabinets and drawers (already picked out the style we want, so need to purchase them and install), and then replacing the built-in microwave and oven we have now.  I want stainless steel and I want newer models.  That's a little harder to find because we have to buy them together (it looks like a double oven but really one is a microwave) and are limited to what will currently fit in that space since we don't have room to expand in the cabinets surrounding them.  I think we'll make that happen before the end of the year, but I've just been too busy lately to devote time to researching what we should get.  Somewhere down the road we're going to be laying down travertine in place of the existing ceramic tile, but that's also a large undertaking that seems too overwhelming to me right now.  Oh well, little by little!

 

No comments: