Tuesday, August 24, 2010

FU, Buddha

The title of this post is my favorite line from the movie I saw this past weekend, The Winnebago Man.  It was spoken by the main character, Jack Rebney, to his dog, Buddha.  If you have no idea who the Winnebago Man is, watch this clip.  I don't recommend you do it while at work though, or around anyone who gets offended by hearing excessive swearing.  Consider yourself warned. 




The movie we watched was a documentary about a filmmaker being intrigued by the above clip that made the rounds on the internets, and wanting to track down Jack.  He found him, living alone in a cabin on a mountain in California, with no idea he was an internet sensation.  He turned out to be just as crotchety and profane as the short clips made him out to be, and it made for some hilarious footage.  This movie was pretty hysterical, and I wish I could incorporate Jack's sayings into my everyday life!  (I'm guessing my coworkers wouldn't approve, though).  You should definitely try to catch this movie, if you have any sense of humor at all.  Unfortunately it's only playing at select theaters, but if you're around Dallas, you can catch it at the Angelika.  For the rest of the locations, check out the website here.

"I don't want any more bullshit, anytime during the day, from anyone....and that includes me."  - Jack Rebney
    

No comments: