Monday, September 9, 2013

Living Room Makeover

The color on the walls of our living room had been driving us crazy since the day we moved in.  It was another example of the previous owners' obsession with an "antique" look.  They had painted all of the paneling and trim a stain that just made everything look dingy.



It was horrible, wasn't it?  Meezy and I were watching an episode of Brother vs. Brother last month, and we saw a living room on there that had a similar paneling design as ours. They had painted the walls, insets, and trim in a couple of different shades of gray and white.  We decided to give that a shot, so we bought some color samples.  When I went out of town to Austin for the weekend, Meezy surprised me by having his brother, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law come over and tackle the painting!  I was elated when I got home. My friend, Kim (posts about her visit forthcoming), and I put the finishing touches on it that next week, and here's the finished product:




Bit of an improvement, don't ya think??
    

No comments: