Thursday, March 22, 2012

Introducing

I've received tons of birth announcements over the past couple of years, so I've seen numerous different styles and layouts for announcing a child's birth.  When it came time to choose what I would want to send out to announce our kiddo, I went on Shutterfly and Snapfish to look around.  I narrowed down by color and number of pictures, but I was still unhappy with the options because I needed something that showed our child's full name, but also clearly displayed that we would be calling him by his middle name.  I know that's not as common of an occurrence, hence the lack of options like that available.  I also really wanted to continue our theme of dots and circles (like what's in his nursery, on his burp cloths, on his blankets, on our thank you cards, etc).  I couldn't find that as an option either.  I started to get discouraged and figured I'd just have to settle with a design I wasn't completely happy with, until my friend Lauren at Palm Papers mentioned on her blog that she had custom-designed a birth announcement for a kid with the same naming situation as us.  Jackpot!  I commissioned her to create a birth announcement with the colors and artwork that went with our theme, while also showcasing what we would be calling our son.  The result was better than anything I could've envisioned! 

I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out!  If you need invitations, stationery, announcements, thank-you cards, holiday cards, etc, you should definitely contact Lauren!  If she doesn't already have a design available that would work for you, she can certainly create one you'll love!

No comments: