Sunday, May 16, 2010

Order Has Been Restored!

As soon as we got the go-ahead to set foot on the finished hardwoods, I made Jer help me put the house back in order!  I know I'm neurotic like that, but it feels SO much better to have all the furniture back in its place.  Here's the finished office, with the newly purchased rug:


I love the way the green walls look next to the hardwoods.  And the rug ties all the colors in the artwork in the room together perfectly.  Another view:


I grabbed a rug from our bedroom and used it in the dining room.  I think it works with the wall color in there and the seat cushions on the chairs.


View from above:


I am so relieved to finally have all the carpet from the downstairs gone.  These last couple days of rain have been much less stressful now that I don't have to worry about muddy stains on carpet!  With this project done, I'm already thinking about the next.  We have tile in the kitchen, but it's the cheap, plain white variety.  I want to install travertine like I did in our house in Lewisville.  The question just becomes, do I install it myself like I did last time?  Or pay someone else to do it?  I swore I'd never do it again, but it sure did save money and bring me a lot of pride.....

2 comments:

CGC said...

looks awesome! We're about to tile in our bathroom (carpet, seriously?) and the guest bathroom. I think we'll end up doing it ourselves but it will be interesting as we have never tiled before. I'm in awe of your skilz. :) but nice job with the floors, they're pretty awesome!

vanweezy said...

I had never tiled anything before I attempted our huge kitchen in our other house. It took a long time, but it was totally worth it. I remember that I would get really hung up on two tiles next to each other not being perfectly level, but after I finished the whole thing I realized that you couldn't tell. So, don't worry about every tiny imperfection!