Monday, May 17, 2010

Family Fun Weekend

On Friday, I picked up Livy from daycare.  I peeked through the glass into her classroom and saw her playing with a toy.  I watched for a moment until she glanced up and saw me.  As soon as she recognized me, she threw down the toy and made a beeline for the door.  It was hilarious.  She was pointing at me, saying "Janet!"  I stepped in the room and swooped her up in my arms.  What an awesome feeling!  We headed over to Jo's house so I could babysit her there while Jo brought her friends from out of town to Top Golf. 


We had a fun time playing outside on the porch while we watched the rain gently fall.  When it was time for a snack, I let Livy pick out what she wanted.  There was one part of the snack that she liked a little more than the other, and I'll let this picture give you a clue...


Livy is always a joy to babysit because she's such a happy and well-behaved kid.  I'm so glad I'm around to watch her grow up.  On Saturday, I drove down to Midlothian to cheer on my nephew, Mikey, in his baseball game.  He's a very talented pitcher with a bright future.  I hate that his games are so far away though, because this was the first and only that I was able to watch this season.

 
Mikey pitched well and his team won!  Afterwards, I went out to lunch with my sister, Jill, her husband, John, and 3 of their kids - Megan, Michael, and Joseph.  We had a nice time and I was glad I was able to spend some time with them in their neck of the woods.

On Saturday night, a huge group of us went out to eat at Stratos and then played some Whirlyball.  There were a couple of whirlyball virgins in the group, so that made it even more fun.  You are pretty much guaranteed to have a hilariously good time whenever you play, and that night was no exception.  My friend, Rebecca, managed to slam into the wall and do some damage, and my brother-in-law, John, somehow broke off a piece of the court.  There were plenty of "oooooohhhh" inducing collisions and lots of scoop-stealing (reach over and yank someone's scoop out of their hand and throw it down the court!)  It was a great time with family and friends.

   Rebecca over in the corner breaking stuff

John putting back the floor piece he broke




No comments: