Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Ewert Wedding

We had a great weekend celebrating the nuptials of our friends, Justin and Stari.  Their wedding and reception were held at Off the Grid in Dallas.  The ceremony was held on the second floor of the building, with the reception following on the bottom floor.  Stari's brother started off the occasion with a quote from the movie, Love Actually:

Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.  

What a neat way to start a wedding!  Halfway through the ceremony, a musician sang Con Te Partiro.  Jer and I love that song, and it was so cool to hear someone sing it live.  The reception was amazing too, and I think Justin and Stari had a wonderful time.  Who doesn't love a Rubiks Cube cake??
 "All because two people fell in love"

I think it's awesome how Justin and Stari really did their wedding THEIR way.  I loved every part of it and I hope they can always look back on it with fond memories.  Best wishes, guys!  We love you!

 The newlyweds share their first dance

The beautiful bride and I

The groom with a lot of old friends

 Sharon, me, and Rachel pose on the outdoor patio

The hubby and I

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Janet-I just have to say you are the sweetest!!! I'm glad you guys had fun at the wedding!!

You and Jer mean a lot to us!! :)