Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Little Help From My Friends

I already knew I was surrounded by amazing friends and family, but I still love getting reminders.  Recently I sent out a plea to some family and friends to help raise money for a worthy cause.  I can't give too many details right now, because the money is being raised in someone's honor, and the family isn't aware of this.  (We are keeping it secret for now, and plan on informing them when the time is right).  Most of the people I sent the request to don't even know the family personally, but they jumped at the chance to help.  This is what I love about them.  They are kind, generous, loving people who don't hesitate to help others.  I am so proud to surround myself with family and friends like this.  I think our fundraising goal is attainable, through their generosity.  Hopefully soon I will be able to reveal the recipient of this endeavor.  In the meantime, a big thank you to the wonderful people who have helped already.  My favorite quote has never felt more relevant:

"The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit." - Nelson Henderson

2 comments:

CGC said...

what a great quote. and I was honored to donate. You've done far more amazing things for me.

Unknown said...

I agree with Mrs. Coach.

You're an amazing gift to this world, Janet and I thank my lucky stars for you every day.

I was more than honored to donate and thank you for connecting me with them. Hopefully Lucas' well can be built this year!