Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's a Good News Day

I love days like today - days where it's dark and rainy outside, yet it can't keep me from smiling.  My sister, Jo, had her 12 week sonogram this morning.  She got to see the very active baby moving and kicking, and got to hear the heartbeat.  The doc believes it's a girl, so we are very excited!  If the new addition is anything like her big sister, Olivia, those parents are in for trouble when those girls reach teenage years!  Here's the little munchkin:


I couldn't be more excited for my sister.  Scratch that, SISTERS!  Jill's baby girl is due in March, and now Jo's will be arriving in July.  2011 will be quite a fun year for my family!

To make the day even better, I also had a very promising appointment with the orthopedic doctor.  He doesn't want me to wear the brace anymore, but for safety's sake I will leave it on most of the day with it being allowed to bend to a certain point.  This way I can start getting used to walking normally again and having my knee bent more consistently.  He said within two weeks I can probably ditch the brace altogether.  My first rehab appointment is set for next week, so I am very happy about that.  My right leg muscles have seriously atrophied, so I need to do a lot of work to build them back up again.  I'm ready to get back to normal!  I still have a couple of months of hard work ahead of me, but I can see the end in sight.  :)

No comments: