Monday, December 6, 2010

Proud Wifey

Meezy ran a half marathon this past weekend and I was able to watch him cross the finish line.  Call me sappy, but I got a little choked up when I saw him finish.  The only reason he signed up for the White Rock Half was because I asked him to run it with me.  It was my goal to complete 13.1 miles and he was going to run to keep me motivated and increase my chances at finishing.  He was doing it for me. 

Over the past month, his work demands increased a lot, and he wasn't able to keep up with the training schedule.  He would do the long runs with me on the weekends, but that was pretty much the extent of what he had time for.  Then came my kneecap fracture.  It obviously put me out of commission for running the race, but I wasn't sure what it meant for Meezy.  He had no obligation to do it anymore, and I wouldn't have blamed him for quitting.  Despite that, he decided to give it a shot anyways, and did pretty darn well considering the situation.

I was so proud when I saw him coming around the corner and heading down the straightaway to the finish line.  Part of me was extremely sad that I wasn't running by his side, but the other part of me was extremely happy to see him conquer this challenge.  I hope we get the chance to cross the line together someday.

 He's in the bright yellow!

 Go, Meezy, go!

We had numerous friends who also ran the Half this year, and I want to give them a big congratulations!  It's an awesome accomplishment and they should be very proud.  Major shout-outs to Brian, Sharon, and Justin who ran their first Marathon and kicked its ass!  I'm in awe of those guys.

No comments: