Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Not Enough Ladies, Too Many Mans

Well, we got gender confirmation on baby #2!  At 18 weeks, we got a very clear sonogram picture confirming we're having another boy.  I think I was leaning towards wanting a girl, but giving Dutch a brother will be a great gift.  He needs a little playmate who can hang with him. The kid has loads of energy, typically at like 9:30 at night.  He runs, he yells, he crashes his cars, he rides his bike around the house, etc. I don't think he'd know what to do with a sister! The main benefit, of course, is the fact that we get to reuse all of Dutch's baby stuff again! Whew.  No need to obtain a whole new wardrobe or accessories catered to a girl. The new baby will inherit Dutch's nursery and all the furniture, and we'll work on furnishing a whole new room  for Dutch.  I'm having to give up my current home office setup, but such is life!

I'm not gonna lie - when I heard we were having another boy, I got a little overwhelmed. There will be 3 males in the house!  I'm severely outnumbered.  It made me think of a Flight of the Conchords song. (Make sure you have a sense of humor before you proceed with watching this.  Also, NSFW lyrics.)


My favorite lines:

"You guys are dorkin' up my vibe with all the dicks."
"Not enough ladies, too many mans."

No comments: