Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Time for Surgery

As mentioned previously, my herniated disk is disrupting my life on a daily basis.  I went through two rounds of injections and they, unfortunately, didn't provide any relief.  After getting another MRI to confirm the situation, and going over the options with my doctor, we've decided to proceed with surgery.  It's a routine procedure with very minimal potential complications, and I get to go home the same day.  The doctor will make a small incision and remove the tiny part of the disk that is protruding.  I'm not worried about the procedure at all, but I am worried about the recovery.  For a few weeks, I'm not supposed to lift anything over 5 pounds.  In case you haven't noticed, my son weighs more than that.  That means I can't put him in his carseat, put him in his highchair, rock him to sleep, pick him up to change his diaper, etc, etc.  You pick up your child quite a bit throughout a normal day!  I'll have to rely on Meezy a lot during this time.  The surgery is supposed to happen next Tuesday.  Keep your fingers crossed this helps me get back to a normal life! 

No comments: