Monday, May 23, 2011

More Favorite Things

I feel like I'm starting to mimic Oprah's Favorite Things, except that I'm not going to buy each item for all my readers!  Last Christmas, my mother-in-law bought me this awesome cookware set from QVC:

It is the Temp-tations Floral Lace 11pc Oven to Table Set.  It comes in four colors, but green is my fave and that's one of the theme colors of my kitchen, so that's what I got.  These dishes are amazeballs because you can put them in the oven, the microwave, the fridge, and the dishwasher.  No transporting to other dishes is needed for any part of the process.  


They're also wonderful because they are very heavy-duty with a classy design, yet very affordable.  For under $50, you get 3 baking dishes with lids, 3 metal racks, 3 matching glass trivets, and 2 bowls with lids.  I love having a cohesive theme when setting out multiple dishes for a buffet spread.  They are great when hosting dinner parties or when bringing food to other people's get-togethers.  I have used these countless times since receiving them!  The only drawback I've seen is that these lids don't snap onto the dishes, just more so rest on top of them.  It's great for stacking them in the fridge, but not great at keeping things sealed.  My mother-in-law suggested putting foil over the dish and then putting the lid on top of that.  Even with this shortcoming, I still highly recommend them.  (I believe other designs from Temp-tations are available with better, snap-shut lids).  I have already found myself needing more than what comes in this set, so I ordered a couple of additional pieces:

  
These are the Floral Lace Oval Covered Bakers w/Racks.  Considering how substantial these pieces are, and that they come with lids, trivets, and racks, $40 is a great deal.  If you're looking for some new cookware, I suggest you go to QVC.com and search for Temp-tations.  I have been very impressed with mine!

No comments: