Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Janet 4.0

In the sports world, we’d call my past year a “rebuilding” year. From getting braces, to discovering skin cancer on my face, to having elbow surgery, to undergoing an intense double jaw surgery…it’s been a lot, to say the least. But, Janet 4.0 is almost fully charged.

I watched a show on Netflix recently about how to live a rich life. It doesn’t mean your bank account has to be robust; it means living a life that is full. Living life intentionally, proactively, and abundantly. I think I’ve done well in that regard, despite my challenges over the past year. I’ve prioritized spending time with my husband, kids, and best friends on a weekly basis. I’ve taken the trips I wanted to take. I’ve pushed off work sometimes so I could volunteer, because it’s important to me. I’ve exercised even though I was tired. I’ve also ordered the gelato without guilt because calories don’t count on vacation. I’ve learned to say no to things I don’t want to do. I’m making conscious choices to shape my life into what I want it to be. 40 years feels like a long time and yet it feels like no time at all. I have so much to be grateful for, and so many amazing memories accrued, but I am confident the best is yet to come. Cheers to the next 40. I hope you’ll come along with me for the ride.

I've struggled with taking pictures after jaw surgery, because my face is still swollen and I haven't regained full function yet. I cringe at the way I look, but I didn't want to miss the chance to capture my sweet boys all dressed up.

No comments: