Monday, March 9, 2009

It's About Life

Jer and I visited the Bodies Exhibit in Las Vegas last week and got to see some pretty neat things. It's amazing how complex our bodies are, and how much scientists have been able to learn from them over the years. It really got us thinking. Seeing actual human bodies on display, used for research and the spread of knowledge, reminded us that being buried in the ground really doesn't do any good. I'm sorry if this offends people, but it honestly made me view the act of choosing not to donate your organs or not to donate your body to science as a selfish one. If you have the option of giving your organs to someone else to prolong or improve their life, why would you choose not to do so? When the time comes, let's face it - you're dead. Do you need your organs while your body decomposes? Lately I've been reflecting on my life alot, and how I'm living it. I want to be remembered as a generous, giving person after I'm gone. If I chose not to donate my organs, that would be contradictory to my purpose. If I am giving in life, I can be giving in death. If you'd like to find out more information about becoming a donor, visit the Donate Life America website. I'm proud to be a donor.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen, amen, amen!! you hit it right on the nose. How could you not give what you no longer need to help someone else? I sure hope when I'm dead and gone, someone can use some part of me that is no longer needed. I think it's an excellent choice!

Anonymous said...

I'm now a donor too! Well...as soon as I sign paper work. =) Thanks for the suggestion!

vanweezy said...

Great! It's a very honorable title to have. And just think of the joy you will bring to someone (in the very distant future hopefully!)