Sunday, September 15, 2013

No Foot So Small

I am honored to have played a small role in the construction of a well in Uganda that will provide safe and clean water to about 2500 people.  My sister and I initiated a fund through Holden Uganda after our friends suffered the unimaginable loss of their baby boy at 20 weeks.  It's hard to accept circumstances like that, and it's hard to know what to do when you feel so helpless.  Our friends are two of the greatest people you'd ever meet, and there's no rhyme or reason why this tragic event would befall them.  All we can do is be a shoulder for them, offer support, and see if there's any way to use the situation for good.  We made a plea to some close friends for funds to build the well, and in a very short time, our goal was met.  We are very grateful to the people who made this possible. Although his life was short, the legacy of Sullivan Gaines Perry will live on.





Each well is required to include a bible verse, so my friends chose John 14:27. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

They were also allowed to include a meaningful quote, so they chose: "There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world." 

Truth.  All my love to you, B & E.

No comments: