Monday, March 12, 2018

Dutch Turns Six

My eldest turned 6 last month, so the festivities began with a personalized message on the video board outside his elementary school. He felt so special and it was really cute!



The following weekend we hosted a party for him and his friends at Adventure Landing. Dutch loves that place, and it's not unusual for us to go there a couple times a month. We typically stick to only the arcade games, though, so it was still a treat for him. It turned out to be perfect weather on the day of his party, so the kids were able to enjoy mini golf and go-karts outside, in addition to laser tag and arcade games inside. 







When I host birthday parties for my kids at our own house, I usually display their funny quotes from the past year. Since the party was at Adventure Landing this time, I skipped the quote board and figured I'd just share them here for your amusement!

- "Mom, I think Dad needs your help. Jude is out of control."
- "The world needs to be a better place."
- "Jude, let's get crazy."
- "Gotta stay hydrated."
- "When you're crying, that's humidity."
- "Don't you know I'm a math genius?"
- When we asked him who the president was, he guessed, "Tronald Dump?"
- "We had a full on meltdown."
- "Tell me if you need more favors, mom. I can help you with all of them. I don't care if I miss my show."
- "Dad! Unacceptable!"
- "Can I just take my shower tomorrow? I've had a long day today."
- "Jude, just leave me alone for one goodness sake minute."
- "I just touched my eyeball. That was legit not good."
- "Mom, Plano isn't even a planet anymore."

No comments: