We did a SpiderMan theme this year, so my friend Rachel once again supplied the amazing cake balls.
We had a great time celebrating our big kid and the venue was the perfect choice. I definitely wouldn't mind having another event there in the future. I use Dutch's birthday parties as the opportunity to share some of the silly or interesting things he has said over the past year. This year provided some pretty memorable quotes!
My favorites were:
- "Do we buy babies?"
- "Can I touch this floor that I'm already touching?"
- "I don't like what grown ups eat."
- "You know what's raspberry? Strawberry."
- "Sometimes my mind just thinks all the great things."
- "Man, my daddy is just wearing me out."
My little Dutch boy may be four going on fourteen sometimes, but he makes me laugh literally every day. His smile melts my heart and his constant quest for knowledge may be tiring, but it's refreshing to see. Love you so much, Dutchie.