Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Happy 9th Anniversary

I was going through my phone and deleting unnecessary pics and videos (yes, I'm that girl that has a 64GB phone and is running out of space), and I came across some photos I took during my 9th anniversary celebration. It dawned on me that I never blogged about it, so this seemed like as good a time as any to do that. The kicker is that our anniversary was back in June. Haha, I know, we're closer to the next anniversary than we are to the one I'm about to discuss. Oh well!  It was a fun night and I like to document our "travel" so here goes.

We arranged for my sister to watch our boys overnight so we could have a quick "vacation" within our own city. We booked a room at the Omni Dallas under a Retreat to Romance package. It included a bottle of Chandon, a box of chocolates, a rose, a happy anniversary card, and $100 credit at one of their restaurants. That was perfect because we were planning to eat on-site at Bob's Steak & Chop House anyway.

Omni offers you the option of checking in online ahead of time, so when we arrived, our keys and welcome letter were already waiting for us next to the reception area. After quickly grabbing those, we headed straight to the elevators without having to wait in line or speak to a receptionist. When we got to our room, all our amenities were on display and ready for consumption.



While sparkling wine and chocolates are certainly enough to warrant one's attention, I had a hard time pulling myself away from the view. The floor to ceiling windows allowed us to take in a breathtaking perspective of the city we call home.


Another cool feature of the room was the caliber of the bathroom. I mean, how can you not feel fancy when you're watching TV inside your mirror?


After relaxing for a few minutes and enjoying our sparkling wine, we headed down to Bob's for dinner.  You wouldn't think a vegetarian would enjoy a steakhouse, but there were a decent amount of appetizers, salads, and sides available for my consumption. Our waitress was nice enough to bring us both a free glass of champagne after we told her it was our anniversary.  It was a great dinner, but there was still one more stop on the agenda! I love seeing our city at night, especially from up high, so we stopped by Five Sixty for dessert. I actually don't recommend going there just for dessert, based on this experience, but the views helped make up for it. (They were out of our first choices, and what we ended up with seemed mass-produced and not fresh). The elevator ride up to the top is always fun, not to mention the rotating view you get while dining.

   

At the time, this get-away was much needed, even if it was only for a day. We are so lucky to have family nearby to help watch our kids so we can still enjoy each other's company. I had a wonderful 9th anniversary and I'm pretty excited to think about what our 10th has in store. Before I can even start planning that trip though, I'll be headed to NYC in March and Washington, DC in April. Girls, hit your hallelujahs, because we are back on the travel train!

No comments: