Monday, November 23, 2015

Costume Closet for Playroom

Most kids love playing dress-up, and my son is no exception. We have a couple of pairs of jammies that look like superhero costumes, and Dutch loves wearing them. We got him a Spiderman costume and mask for Halloween, and it certainly got a lot of use outside the holiday! After Halloween, we went to one of the seasonal stores to see if we could get some decorations on the cheap. While we were there, we realized that their costumes were deeply discounted. We figured this would be a good time to build up a costume wardrobe for Dutch, since he certainly doesn't need a special occasion to wear one. I was also grocery shopping at Kroger right after Halloween and saw a Minions costume on clearance for $7. Score!





Once we had purchased a decent amount of costumes and accessories, I started thinking about the best place to store them. I didn't want them strewn about the playroom, or thrown into a bin. My first thought was buying a cheap bookcase, removing the shelves, and placing a shower rod inside for the costumes to be hung on. I went to Ikea and found a bookcase that I thought would work perfectly. Unfortunately, it was out of stock. I thought about going to another store, but decided to walk by the more substantial storage solutions first. I'm so glad I did. I saw this wardrobe and fell in love!



All the costumes can be hung up neatly and the related hats, masks, and accessories fit nicely underneath the shelf. I love that it can be closed off so the items are out of sight when not in use. Makes for a much cleaner playroom!  I also know it can be put to good use when the boys grow out of the costume stage, because it's an attractive design and offers good storage.

No comments: