Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall...you need to be changed!  I previously spray painted the gold mirrors in our master bathroom to a silver color so that they would match the rest of the decor and fixtures, but I still wasn't happy with them.  They just seemed too old-fashioned and not modern.  Here's what my short-term fix looked like:


This is really x2 because we have separate vanities. The other mirror was more of a simple oval, though, without the extra angles and curves.  I decided it was time to scrap them completely and buy something new. I can't even tell you how many stores I visited before FINALLY finding a style and color I liked.  The bonus was that Meezy actually agreed!  We ended up getting two of these Ivory Mother of Pearl mirrors from Pier 1. Now they match, and they're gorgeous!



I also needed some kind of artwork or wall covering for the area above the tub.  While I prefer a modern design, I wanted to pay a little homage to the age of the home. I went with these antiqued framed windows.



The main reason I chose these is because the door to this bathroom is very unique and custom. It's an antique wooden door with an etched glass insert.  I used to think it was a little strange, but I've embraced it and feel like it gives the house some character.


More to come, as this house is always a work in progress!

Project costs:
Mirrors - $400
Frames - $70

No comments: