Friday, January 4, 2013

MRI, Here I Come

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been battling some nerve pain in my back/leg/butt on the right side over the past couple of months.  It's progressively gotten worse, and even spread to the left side as well.  It's gotten so bad recently that I can't stand or walk around for much more than 5 minutes without being in pain. I have to stop and sit down or crouch down when walking for extended periods (like while grocery shopping).  If I sit up completely straight, I get a shooting pain in my butt.  If I stretch my leg out completely, I get a shooting pain.  If I stand up to walk after being seated for a while, I start out hunched over because it's too painful to walk completely upright at first.  It's quite frustrating.  It really disrupts so many aspects of my daily life.  I've gone to a few PT appointments, but since it just seems to be getting worse, I decided I needed to do something more.  I have an MRI scheduled for next week, to see if we can try to get to the root of the problem.  I'm a little nervous about what the MRI could potentially uncover, but I have got to figure out how to stop this pain!  I just want to go back to my normal life. 

Side note - My physical therapist did determine that I have diastasis recti, or abdominal separation.  This happened as a result of my pregnancy.  It's not that big of a deal, and might not be related at all to the nerve pain I've been having.  I just think it's kinda gross to look at the picture and see what that means.  Bleh.

 

4 comments:

Little Cash Big Dreams said...

Any new news?

Little Cash Big Dreams said...

Any new news?

vanweezy said...

Had to reschedule for this Friday. Hoping for some news next week!

Little Cash Big Dreams said...

The suspense is killing me!!!