Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Hit and a Miss

I thought I had found the perfect suit for my new body type with this beautiful Badgley Mischka bikini from the SwimwearForMe website:


The top definitely looked like it gave good coverage, and the twist ruching on the bottom looked flattering.  It was a little pricey, but I figured I'd only be buying one swimsuit this year, so it would be worth it.  It arrived in the mail and I put it on.  FAIL!  There's no way there was as much fabric on the one sent to me as shown in the above picture.  It was just as skimpy as any other one I've seen recently.  I was quite disappointed. 

We had plans on Sunday to go to my sister's house for a swim play date, so I made a last-minute trip to the Galleria to see if I could find anything there.  I started at Macy's and was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of options.  I ended up getting this cute 2Bamboo Halter top:


It's family-friendly!  My only regret is that I now see it is 20% off online.  Doh!  I didn't get the matching bottoms, but instead opted for a different pair, from Bleu Rod Beattie.





I loved the color blocking and the layering.  So, it took me some trial and error, but for about $110 I finally found a suit that I'm happy with and that I won't be embarrassed to wear at our family reunion later this month! 

No comments: