Sunday, May 6, 2012

One More Year

One more year until I'm 30.  Ack!  This birthday was definitely different from all my previous birthdays, thanks to us being a family of 3 now!  Last year I was hanging out with this guy:

Partying at Hotel Zaza with my hubby and friends

This year I was hanging out with this guy:

Pretty much just a smaller version of the guy in the pic above

My how life changes in a year!  I've never been one to make a big deal out of my birthday, and now that I'm a mom, celebrating my birthday seems even less important!  But, Meezy did buy me a couple of thoughtful things, and I got lots of great messages from my awesome friends and family.  So, it's definitely nice to feel the love on my birthday, even if I had no energy to do any type of crazy celebrating this year!  

On Saturday, my parents probably gave me the best birthday gift by offering to babysit for us so we could have dinner with some friends.  It was nice to relax for a few hours and catch up.  On Sunday, we had Supper Club at our house, where we ate Mexican food in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  My friend, Rebecca, made flan, since it's my favorite (and it was my birthday and all)!  Afterwards, we sat around playing games and my slightly inebriated sister entertained us with her choices of words (sorry Jo!).  It was a pretty good weekend.  :)        

No comments: