Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Christmas in April

Meezy and I had talked about buying a couple things for the house lately, but we decided to wait until I received my latest commission check before pulling the trigger.  Well, the check came last week, so it became Christmas in April!  I bought the items we had previously discussed, and then also threw in a couple more fun things to celebrate my recent success in my real estate endeavors.  Here's the rundown on the cool new ish that has taken up residence at my house:


With all the pinterest recipes I've been trying out lately, I figured this KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer would come in handy!  I'm pretty excited about using it for the first time and I'm so ready to retire the crappy little hand mixer I've been using in the past.

So here's the deal with me and vacuums.  I currently have four of them in my house.  FOUR!  I buy one, use it for a while, and start to hate it.  They usually lose suction, start being louder during operation, and tend to emit a funky smell.  (I'm sure it has to do with the massive amounts of dog hair I'm always having to suck up).  Because I go through them so quickly, I've never wanted to spend more than a hundred or so dollars on each.  When I buy a new one, I throw the old one in a closet.  Well, that closet is completely full of crappy vacuums now, so I knew I needed to make a change.  I finally took the plunge and bought a Dyson DC28 Animal.  It's pretty much my last hope.  If I'm not happy with this vacuum, then I'm doomed.  This was probably the purchase I was most excited about, yet I'm embarrassed to say it's been in my house for a few days now and I still haven't gotten the chance to even test it out. I've been busy beyond belief, and my only "down" time has been when Dutch is napping...and there ain't no way I'm waking him from a nap because I felt like vacuuming.  

   
This purchase is mainly the result of being a mom and barely having any time to take care of myself anymore.  If Dutch is being needy in the mornings, that's pretty much a guarantee that my hair isn't going to get dried.  It's funny the things that become luxuries when you have a child!  Because of that, I decided to invest in a hair dryer that would dry my hair quicker.  Like vacuums, I've skimped in the hair dryer category in the past.  I've never spent more than $30-$40 on one because I figured they all performed about the same and they'd probably crap out within a year or so.  Well, I took a leap of faith on this one and it has paid off!  I was so pleasantly surprised at how quickly the BaByblissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino Dryer dried my hair.  It left it looking nice too, not dry or frizzy.  The crazy part is that it came with a really great straightening iron for free.  The iron sells for $90, so I'm feeling like I got a pretty dang good deal!  Even crazier than that is the fact that I didn't know it came with a straightener, and I'm not even sure the product page says that it does.  Oh well!  I'll take it!


Okay, to be honest, this purse wasn't "necessary."  But, it will make my life easier because small purses are just out of the question these days.  If I don't feel like lugging my ginormous diaper bag into a store, I can grab just a few essentials and throw them into this purse.  I already had a cute green and tan Kate Spade bag of a similar shape, so this black one is a nice counterpart!


I bought this Michael Kors tote because it's the perfect shape to carry around my work portfolio.  I'm always bringing lots of paperwork to my listing appointments, and I keep them in my portfolio that I usually have to carry in my arms because it's too large to go in a normal purse.  Then, in my purse, I've usually got a tape measure, a camera, a keybox, etc.  Now everything can go in one place!  Also, if you haven't noticed, I'm a big fan of the color orange.  It's the national color of Holland, so it always reminds me of my son, Dutch!

  
Last, but not least, are these super cute Eva & Zoe peep-toe pumps that were an impulse buy from Off Broadway Shoes.  They were $21.  For realz.  How could I pass that up??

No comments: