Friday, March 9, 2012

My Love and Admiration

It's no secret I'm madly in love with my hubby and consider myself very lucky to have found a guy like him to share my life with.  I've had people tell me in the past that having a baby will make me fall even more in love with my husband.  I figured that was possible, but it ended up happening for different reasons than I expected.  I thought seeing our creation together would be what prompted even stronger feelings for my husband, but it wasn't just that.  Yes, this little guy does make me very thankful for Meezy because he helped give me this gift,

 
but, I think my love and admiration for Meezy has grown because of the way he has acted towards me since the birth of our son.  From the first moment Dutch entered our lives, I haven't had to ask my husband for help. He's been so proactive and has anticipated my needs.  He has picked up the slack in every way possible and tells me he wishes he could do more.  I knew my husband was a good guy, but I honestly didn't expect him to be THIS amazing.  When he looks at me and sees the exhaustion in my eyes, he orders me to take a nap and tries his best to keep Dutch occupied and happy (which is hard when you don't have breast milk!).  When he is trying to get a few hours of sleep because he has to go in to work the next day, he still offers to help me overnight if he hears crying.  When he gets home from a stressful day at the office, and still faces a few more hours of work from home, he still asks to take Dutch off my hands so I can eat dinner or just spend a few minutes doing anything else that I've put off during the day.  When Dutch and I fell asleep on the couch side by side, I woke up to find pillows on the ground next to us that Meezy had put there just in case he rolled.  I could go on and on about the truly thoughtful and generous things he has done over the past two weeks.  He makes me so proud to call him my husband and the father of our child.  Dutch already has his daddy's looks, and I hope he grows up to have his character and heart as well.    

No comments: