Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And Then There Were Three

Well, he's here! Meezy and I welcomed our son into the world on Feb 23rd at 1:50pm. Jameson Dutch weighed a whopping 9lbs, 10oz and measured 20 3/4 inches at birth. There's absolutely no question that he's his father's son, and I couldn't be happier about that! (Hey, if I fell in love with his dad, wouldn't I also fall in love with his mini-me version??)  He was delivered by caesarean section (and after hearing his weight, we were thankful for that) and the procedure went very smoothly.  There's no doubt recovery ain't easy with this route, but if it saved one minute of trauma for my child, then we made the right decision.  We had so many sweet visitors while we were in the hospital, and I couldn't be more thankful for our loving friends and family.  I also appreciate those who understood when we asked them to wait until we got home to visit because we needed some sleep and down time after seeing how little we would get in the hospital.  From waking up on Thursday morning at 8am, to being discharged from the hospital at 3pm on Sunday, I got a total of less than 10 hours of sleep.  It's an exhausting experience, and if I could do it all over, I would actually try to follow the "sleep when he sleeps" mantra.  Granted, that wouldn't be entirely possible because you're constantly being interrupted by different nurses and doctors during your stay, but I definitely could've done a better job of it.  You live and learn!   

Here are pics from our first moments with him, our time in the hospital, and happenings in the subsequent days.  I couldn't be any more in love with my son!
















     

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Could cuddle that baby for hours!!!