Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

Most Sundays around my house are lazy Sundays.  Meezy and I try to sleep in, watch some football, eat take-out, and catch up on recorded TV shows.  They're pretty much greatness!  I also usually start putting together my to-do list for the week and think about how much I'm going to get accomplished on Monday and the following days.  It actually starts to get me excited, in a nerdy kind of way, because I love getting things done and marking things off the list.  I had big plans for Monday, but that quickly went south around 9pm on Sunday night!  Meezy and I drove through In and Out Burger, and on the drive home, I started to feel kinda queasy.  After we got home, I ate a couple of french fries (which are really no good, by the way.  No flavor!) and had a couple of bites of my cheeseburger.  That was all I could take and I had to push them away.  My stomach was just not feeling it.  I went to the bathroom and threw up.  Hmmm.  I hadn't had "morning" sickness for quite a while now, and even when I did have it, I usually didn't throw up.  This felt different.  Turns out, it was! 

I found myself throwing up at least once an hour overnight.  It was miserable.  I couldn't ever fall sleep, and couldn't even keep water or Gatorade down.  Poor Meezy had to sleep in the living room because he had to go to work the next day and wasn't getting any sleep with me constantly stirring and running to the bathroom.  When morning rolled around, I got kinda worried that not being able to eat or drink anything would affect the baby.  I called my sister (who I remembered went through this twice in her recent pregnancy) and then called my doctor's office when it opened.  Basically, there isn't a worry with not being able to eat for a day or two, but not staying hydrated can become a problem.  If I still couldn't keep even water down by mid-afternoon, I might've had to go into the ER to get IV fluids to avoid dehydration.  I really didn't want that to happen!  I was super thirsty (and hungry, of course), but I made myself just take small sips of water and I sucked on ice chips.  The throwing up persisted throughout the morning, but it became less often, and I was actually able to sleep for about an hour and a half in the afternoon.  That made me hopeful that things were on the mend!  I still didn't feel awesome by dinnertime, but the vomiting had ceased, and I was staying hydrated.  Man, stomach bugs are ridonkulous!  I lost an entire day to this stupid thing, and wasn't able to get anything done.  I found out later that a few of my friends also caught it this weekend.  There's no stopping it!  Lol.  I'm so thankful I'm back to my normal self today, albeit 4 pounds lighter, but normal food still doesn't look super appealing!

No comments: