Friday, July 22, 2011

Bone Marrow Recipient News

The mandatory waiting period after donating bone marrow finally lapsed in June, and I was able to make contact with my recipient's mother!!  Here's a snippet of her email to me:

"He is doing very well!! He turned 12 last month! I cannot tell you how much we appreciate what you have done for our family, and thank you for getting in touch with us."

Her words warmed my heart.  I've often thought of the boy I donated bone marrow to, and I really, really wanted to know if he was okay.  To hear that he made it to another birthday, and is actually doing well, is probably the best news I have heard in my life.  I'm friends with his mom on facebook now, so I've been able to see tons and tons of pictures of him, and even follow the bone marrow donation journey from his side of things.  Please consider signing up to be a donor at www.marrow.org.  You could save a life!  Want proof?  See the picture below.

 How sweet is this face?

1 comment:

Little Cash Big Dreams said...

I would say that you should dress up as a superhero for Halloween but it won't be anything special since you're a superhero in your everyday life. You're awesome Janet!