Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

This year's warrior dash was much more successful than last year's, in so much that Meezy and I didn't get injured!  Lol.  We had a blast with a bunch of friends and got really muddy!  It's been 5 months since I broke my kneecap, and I definitely felt the pain through most of the obstacles, but I powered through.  The furthest I had run in the last 5 months was 1 mile, so pushing that up to 3.2 miles was quite an ambitious undertaking!  I stayed with my group of friends, though, so I was proud of myself for that. The next day my knee was super sore, but that was to be expected. 

This year's obstacles included trudging through a swamp, climbing over cars, hurdling ourselves over barricades, scaling a large wooden wall, climbing through nets and over hay bales, rolling over submerged logs, leaping over fire, and crawling through the mud while being almost completely submerged.  In other words, it was awesome.  Enjoy these pics of me and some of my friends!









No comments: