Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Somewhere

Sometimes when I'm feeling down, music comes to the rescue.  I listened to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" today, and it was just what I needed.  I love that he meshes it with "What a Wonderful World."  The words of the original version are what resonate with me the most, though, so I'll reproduce some of them here:

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

I also love me some Mumford and Sons on a sad day.  The aptly titled "After the Storm" gets me every time.  Even though it sometimes reduces me to tears depending on the situation, it's still very soothing.

And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

2 comments:

tiffany said...

I love that song. It always brightens my day and lifts my spirits. Glad it did the same for you today.

Mrs. Coach said...

music always heals the soul. and I love me some Mumford and Sons.