Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mixed Bag

Lots going on this weekend!  On Friday night, we were invited to a dinner party at the house of our friends, Jonathan and Rose.  The food was uh-maze-ing.  The main course was leg of lamb, and much to my surprise, I loved it.  Rose made flan for dessert, and I was a happy camper!  That's one of my most favorite desserts, but it can be hit or miss depending on the restaurant.  Lucky for us, she nailed it.

On Saturday, we spent most of the day shopping for a new bed.  We didn't have any luck then, but we did pick up a couple of new chairs for the office.  Can you believe these were only $37 each??  I thought for sure they were quoting us an incorrect price, but we didn't complain and gobbled them up!  They were the last two of their kind in the clearance section, so maybe they were just ready to get rid of them.  Either way, we came out on the winning end of that deal.   


I had grown tired of the rugs in our kitchen, so I shopped around for a new set after I picked up the chairs.  I tried Bed, Bath & Beyond and Target, but nothing really jumped out at me.  My last resort was Walmart, and I actually found some that I really loved!  The colors in my kitchen are mostly neutral (beige, tan, brown, etc), but I have some hints of green and blue.  I thought these would match very well, and the touch of green makes them more fun.  I got a small one, a medium-sized one, and a runner for $63.


On Saturday night, a bunch of us ladies went out to Victor Tango's to celebrate our friend Ericka's upcoming nuptials.  We had a great time chit-chatting and joking around as she opened her gifts.  I won't go into detail about some of the items she received, but you can take a guess!  After dinner, as we were standing around waiting for our cars to be brought up, a guy walked by and caught my eye.  It took me a second, but I realized I was looking at Jason Kidd!  Holy crap!  He walked right by us and into the restaurant we had just come out of.  Dang!  If only we had taken a little longer to eat!  Haha.  It was cool to see one of the Dallas Mavericks out and about in the city.  I just wish I could've snapped a pic before he went inside!

On Sunday, I ventured out again in search of a bed.  My first stop was Stacy Furniture in Allen, and fortunately it was my last stop too!  The first bed I looked at in their store ended up being the one I bought.  It is made by Bernhardt and seemed to be a reasonable price compared to what I had seen the previous day. Meezy and I wanted a solid wood bed, with a sturdy, substantial footboard and headboard, for less than an arm and a leg.  We kept finding cheaply made beds at great prices, or very sturdy, nice beds at exorbitant prices.  I think we found a winner in this one:

 

With that decided, I then focused my attention on side tables.  The ones in the same collection with the bed really weren't calling out to me.  I figured the shade of the wood in the bed was pretty common, so I walked around the store in search of tables that could potentially match.  I ventured into the living room area of the store and spotted some that I liked, made by Kincaid.  The sales associate helped me carry one over to put beside the bed, so that I could be sure it would match!  It was perfect.  The scrollwork on the legs of the table looks very similar to the scrollwork on the bed.  I think they're going to look great.  I can't wait for everything to be delivered so that I can finally feel good about the furniture in every room of our house!  (The tables are actually a little darker than what is depicted in the picture below).

No comments: