Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Season

Eh, what to talk about today?  I don't have too much going on, thanks in big part to my busted kneecap.  I'm foregoing putting up a Christmas tree this year because it's just too much darn work.  The extent of my holiday decorations are some stockings hanging from the mantel, a poinsettia on the dining room table, and a winter wreath on my front door.  All that took five minutes flat.  Maybe I kinda like this approach!  One thing I do put some effort into around the holidays is our greeting cards.  I LOVE receiving cards from friends and family, especially personalized ones.  If you send me one with your family's picture on it, it's probably going up on my fridge and staying there all year.  I just like seeing everyone's smiling faces, and I don't mind keeping them up until a fresh batch arrives in the mail after a year's time.  I equally love sending out cards, so I spend a lot of time figuring out what pictures to include and what design to choose.  Last year was the first time we did personalized cards, because we were excited about hosting a foreign exchange student and wanted to share our joy with everyone by showing the fun adventures we took her on.  She isn't living with us anymore, but Meezy and I still had a lot of fun adventures of our own over the past year that we wanted to share in photo form.  I found some awesome cards on shutterfly that would donate 10% of the purchase to LIVESTRONG.  How great is that?  I was going to buy cards anyway, so might as well have some of the proceeds go towards a worthy cause!  I'm not going to spoil the surprise by posting a pic of the finished card here, but I'll show you the blank layout:

    
I chose this card because of its great message.  Here's hoping all my readers find courage, strength, hope, health, and love this holiday season and in 2011!

No comments: