Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Didn't Know You Were Art

That title stems from the time our friend Pappy showed us the awesome drawings he made for us, and my sister Jo said, "I didn't know you were art."  Haha.  We know she meant to say artistic, but it's way funnier to think of Pappy as being art in human form.  But I digress.  I didn't get the chance to go to my friend Dani's art show this past weekend, so I asked her to show me all of her paintings today on facebook.  They are awesome!!  I immediately asked Jer if we could buy a piece because I fell in love with a couple of them.  He thought he could use some art in his office, so I let him make the decision.  Here's the one he chose (sorry for the glare):


One small problem...it had already been sold!  Luckily Dani let us commission her to create that piece again, so it's all good.  We just have to wait a little longer for it, but I'm excited!  The one I personally fell in love with the most is this one:

     
How cool is that??  One of these days I'm just going to give in and buy that piece from her too.  Here are some more of her pieces:

 

(my second fave)





And the piece de resistance:


If you see anything you like, let me know!  I can get you in touch with Dani to see if the piece is still available, or you can commission her to make something unique for you!

No comments: