Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Riley's Weight Loss Challenge

Being that I am the caretaker for my dog, Riley, I believe that the blame for his current overweight state falls entirely on my shoulders.  I switched his food to diet food and started taking him for more walks last year, and we saw pretty good results - 10 pounds lost.  This year we've kept him on the diet food, but I've let a million distractions and excuses get in the way of getting him more exercise.  It's possible that his weight will lead to health and/or mobility problems in the future, and possibly lead to an early death.  I can't be responsible for losing my dog too soon, so yesterday I made a resolution.  We are going to get back on track and ramp up the exercise routine.  I know he can lose another 10 to 15 pounds and I'm going to see to it that he does.  The Riley Weight Loss Challenge has begun!  I'll post pics of our progress.  His starting weight is 53 pounds, and here is our starting pic:


No comments: