Friday, June 11, 2010

I Couldn't Have Said it Better Myself

Jer has a tendency to listen to the music of a song, rather than the lyrics.  (Actually, he tends to make up his own lyrics for songs, but that's another story).  I, on the other hand, really listen to all the words in a song.  Every now and then, I'll hear a song and fall in love with a certain lyric or phrase in it.  It's not necessarily some profound message, but it means something to me in some aspect.  Here are a few of those that I like or relate to for some reason or another:

"They say bad things happen for a reason, But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding." - Breakeven by  Script

"I think you are blind to the fact that the hand you hold is the hand that holds you down." - Everything to Everyone by Everclear

"Please don't cry one tear for me, I'm not afraid of what I have to say.  This is my one and only voice, so listen close, it's only for today." - Second Chance by Shinedown

"We are the ones that will open your mind. Leave the weak and the haunted behind." - 10,000 Fists by Disturbed 

"To see you when I wake up, is a gift I didn't think could be real.  To know that you feel the same as I do, is a three-fold Utopian dream." - I Miss You by Incubus

Well, there's really no best line out of John Lennon's "Imagine."  The whole damn song is awesome.  So, here it is:

"Imagine there's no Heaven; It's easy if you try. No hell below us. Above us only sky. Imagine all the people, Living for today.

Imagine there's no countries. It isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for. And no religion too. Imagine all the people, Living life in peace.

You may say that I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, And the world will be as one.


Imagine no possessions; I wonder if you can. No need for greed or hunger. A brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people, Sharing all the world.


You may say that I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, And the world will live as one."


"You're in my heart, you're in my soul.  You'll be my breath should I grow old.  You are my lover, you're my best friend.  You're in my soul." - You're In My Heart by Rod Stewart

"I hear babies cry; I watch them grow.  They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know.  And I think to myself - what a wonderful world." - What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

"Her smile will be right there when I step through that door. And it will be that way tomorrow, just like everyday before." - This Everyday Love by Rascal Flatts

"This is the world we live in, and these are the hands we're given.  Use them and let's start trying, to make it a place worth living in."  Land of Confusion - Phil Collins

"Second chances, they don't ever matter. People never change.  Once a whore, you're nothing more.  I'm sorry, that'll never change." - Misery Business - Paramore

"They will not force us. They will stop degrading us.  They will not control us.  We will be victorious." - Uprising by Muse 

No comments: