Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's a Small World!

We received an email today from our German foreign exchange student's parents. It was very nice to make contact with them for the first time! They expressed how pleased they were with the fact that Jeremiah and I would be hosting their daughter for a semester in America. They sent us a couple of pictures of their family. One of them was from a trip they took to a beach in Holland. I wrote back and told them how neat it was to see a picture from Holland since that's where my dad was born. After a few more exchanges, we discovered that our student's mom was born in a town (Geleen) just 20 miles from where my dad was born (Maastricht) in Holland. How neat is that? She still has family in Geleen, and my dad believes we do as well. I can't wait to learn more about their family, and welcome their daughter into ours. It is, indeed, a small world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's way cool. I'm excited for you guys to get this opportunity.

Hopefully we get to meet her when she comes across the pond!