Sunday, June 28, 2009

Maybe Just One More...

Do you have an addiction? Not a dangerous one like drugs or alcohol, but a (relatively) harmless one that's become an integral part of your daily life?

I'm addicted to jeans. For some reason, I just can't ever seem to have enough pairs of them. I manage to convince myself that each new pair is somehow better than the ones I already own, but yet I can't throw out/donate any of the older ones. As of right now, I have 21 pairs of jeans. Ummm, yes, I can acknowledge the ridiculousness of that, but that doesn't mean I am going to change it. I regularly donate clothes I've outgrown or no longer like, but it's very rare that you'll find a pair of jeans in the bunch.

This part is for the ladies. Guys - just skip this paragraph. Since we're on the jeans topic, OMG I have found the BEST jeans ever. I've fallen in love with three brands - Hudson, Citizens of Humanity, and Paige. They're all sold at Nordstrom's. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on them, and the fit is amazing (not to mention the length!). Anyways, if you're in the market for jeans anytime soon, you should really consider these brands. I guarantee you won't regret it!

Okay, back to the issue at hand. Another addiction I have is to Sonic drinks. I probably stop by Sonic before work or during lunch at least 4 times a week, just to get a drink. That might sound crazy, but we're talking about an $8-$12/week addiction, so it's rather tame! I used to be addicted to Chick fil a sweet tea until I investigated the caloric content (large = 220 calories). After finding that out, I switched to diet drinks at Sonic. I swear their flavors just taste better there, and we all know how much their ice rocks. I rotate between Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, Diet Limeade, and Diet Cherry Limeade. For a large, the calories range between 0 and 20 depending on the drink. Not too shabby!

Some of my coworkers seem to be addicted to Starbuck's. We've got one within walking distance, so it's a great avenue for taking a break from work and getting a quick pick-me-up. Some of them go once a day, every day. I'm thinking some of them might go twice, but I'm not positive. Hey, you'll never hear me harping on that! Luckily I don't like coffee, so I just tag along for the break!

Do you have any addictions like this?

1 comment:

McNicoll Family said...

I am totally addicted to jeans as well! I am getting better about throwing out old pairs. After the baby (and the baby weight lost) I went through and gave away a bunch....it was HARD! You should also try 7's! Citizen's and 7's are by far my fav jeans and worth every penny and they last FOREVER! :)